Friday, September 11, 2020

COVID Testing for UK Students

 Before their return to campus, all students at the University of Kentucky were required to be tested by a company hired by the university. The test administered was done at multiple locations across campus for a span of ten days. The process of registering for the test was simple, as an email or text message was sent to each student. I registered for the drive through test. 

When I arrived to the Kroger Field parking lot, I was directed to the check in, where a worker took my LinkBlue ID and checked me in, along with distributing my student health package. The package included 2 masks, a mask holder, hand sanitizer, antiviral wipes, and a thermometer. Once checked in, a police officer directed me to the lane I would be tested in. Overall, the test went smoothly and was far less painful than the other COVID tests I have received. 

A few days later, I was emailed my results. Fortunately, I was negative.

The video included below outlines the whole process of testing that students received. Testing is still available to any student who needs it, but it is now a walk up process with no registration needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Race for a Vaccine

 What if an American vaccine proves to be the most effective vaccine on the planet? For the past nine months, the novel coronavirus has rava...