Friday, September 11, 2020

The Most Important Part of My Morning

Each morning, I wake up between 8-8:30am. Without fail, I wake up to see a text message from the University of Kentucky waiting for me. It is our daily health log, which we are expected to fill out each morning. Before I even eat breakfast or even leave my room, I take my temperature and fill out the health log. 

The questions on the health log are more concerned with gathering information about students. The questions asked are 'are you ill or caring for someone who is ill' and 'have you been in contact with anyone who has tested positive in the last two weeks'. When I first heard that students would have to fill out a health log, I was expecting that students would be asked to log any symptoms they had and any events they attended where their health could have been compromised. Instead, the survey asks if the student has COVID.

If a student does not complete five or more of these health logs, they could face punishment from the university. While I do not think the health log is utterly important for me as I live off campus and only go on campus when I have my one required class and sometimes go to the library, I must complete it every morning to avoid punishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Race for a Vaccine

 What if an American vaccine proves to be the most effective vaccine on the planet? For the past nine months, the novel coronavirus has rava...