Friday, September 11, 2020

Studying at Willy T

 Throughout my time at the University of Kentucky, I have learned that I study best at the library. Most of my week nights my freshman and sophomore year were spent on the fourth floor of Willy T. I would stay with my best friend and we would do our work until 1 or 2 in the morning. This semester looks different because of COVID restrictions. The library is now only open from 8am-8pm on weekdays and 12pm-5pm on the weekends. In the past, the library was open 24/5 and I made sure to take advantage of that. With the library not being open during the hours I function best, I have had a hard time staying on top of my schoolwork as I am very distracted in my house and around my roommates.

This semester, I have been to the library a couple of times in the afternoon because I have let my work load pile up so greatly. While I have yet to have an extremely productive study session like I have had in the past, I was glad to get myself into a quiet and focused environment with minimal distractions. It is definitely not the same as before through. I always studied with my best friend, but due to COVID, no more than one person is allowed in the booths on the fourth floor, which is our favorite study spot. I was sad to see the signs indicating this restriction, but also understand that it is in the best interest of the health of me and other students. Additionally, there is only one chair per booth, instead of the normal four.



Also at the library, face masks are required the entire time. I had some friends previously tell me that that you could take your mask off once you sat down, but I found out that this was not true when I sat down and saw the following flyer. The masks do not bother me and I am glad that keeping a mask on is an expectation of all students, regardless of their location. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Race for a Vaccine

 What if an American vaccine proves to be the most effective vaccine on the planet? For the past nine months, the novel coronavirus has rava...